Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Celebrity on Check: Kris D'Razor! Man on the Beat

Meet Kris D'Razor!


Can we meet you?
My name is Kris D'Razor I work with the Beat 99.9Fm. I'm an OAP I present the Saturday morning show.

Tell us your story.
Well... You know, ever since my school days, I used to actually mimic a whole lot of people, like sometimes make fun with radio presenters both local and int'l.... Mixed a lot of stuffs with entertainment. And then I finished school did my youth service came down to Lagos and then I heard about an audition on radio...U know. And I showed up did the audition and I was picked. That was way back 2005 and That was FRCN metro FM back then.... After metro FM, I moved on to Link FM that later changed to Radio continental also on TVC lunch splash and Radio naija music show and Saturday  afternoon show chart busters. And then I moved to the beat started with a night show. Then I had the Saturday afternoon show that moved on to the saturday morning cruise right now.



Did you see yourself becoming an OAP from the on set.
No...I was more of a public relation kind of person , concepts advertising and all of that. I was like focusing on that back then. Radio kind of like jumped on me. People said I have the look... I have the personality, I think my friends actually knew I was gonna be on radio before I knew it.

Can you say its the peculiarity of the bass in your voice that got you into being a radio presenter?
Well... You know, your voice texture, the way you sound plays a part in you being on radio. People umm..... assumed that my voice had an impact on me being on radio. It could be to an extent... You know, coz  U do have to sound good when you're on radio. You need intellect, you need to have the knowledge, be current know about all the trends, and of course latest gist from all across the globe and of course you need to sound nice. Would you wanna listen to someone who sounds like inaudible and not too cool on radio? Would you? No!  So the voice does play a part.


What is your Greatest Achievement?
Hhmmnn... You know, I have been on radio for some time now. And the greatest achievement for me is entertaining people, making people's days, livening up their lives. People looking forward to listening to you, people curious to listen to you makes me feel good. I think that's like the greatest achievement for me. But apart from that I've got a couple of nomination here and there but my listeners' my greatest achievement.

Do you see yourself doing something different apart from being an OAP?
Well...back then in school, I had plans of becoming a pro. Basketball. I used to play basketball pretty good back then. I used to focus on fitness. But somewhere along the line I had to focus more on education, focus and move on so I kind'a like slacked from the training. I also thought about going into advertising I like to use concepts affect people's decision on things.

How professional is your job being an OAP?
Being on radio isn't  about training its all about having a personality that people will kind'a like want to relate to, sit down and listen to and learn from. Just like it is when you are in a reality TV show. You need to have a personality that will attract people.

In the next decade, where do you see yourself?
Still doing my thing. Radio... TV maybe,  acting possibly. I'm  looking to like spreading a lil' bit more and maybe stepping up to managerial positions.... you know. And also grooming other people. Pass on what you have learn so that people can keep up the trend. And also I could Establish my own company.

How do U describe yourself?
I would say I'm an easy going kind'a person.  Don't like stress, I like having fun. Fun is necessary you can't work all the time. All work and no fun is like pretty crazy. Work hard play hard see the good life.

Are you Married?
Yeah! I got Married just recently...sorry ladies...lol



How does marriage affect your profession?
Marriage doesn't stop you for being friendly or being who you are. Marriage is more like a plus. You know .... You have all that support, you have a real relationship, someone you can confide in. Finding the right person is the main thing. Marriage doesn't affect my job.

What's Your relationship with Naija artiste?
I have a whole lot of them... I help some analyse their music. So I could put it that I'm closely related to them. At a point I was into music, I wrote a lot of lyrics, so I know a whole lot about music, how to look for openings events, shows, trying to build image and personality... you know. I listen to music and I do it constructively. I criticize objectively the content, the production and all that. And I just air my views. I let people know what I think about their music and maybe help improve on some peoples music. So I could say I have a good relationship with a whole lot of Nigerian artiste.

Impact on upcoming artiste.
I would say really really positive. Although not everybody takes criticism the right way. I think a whole lot of artiste just jump into music because they think its an avenue to make quick money. So they just make beats that's danceable and make lyrics that doesn't make any sense and become a local celebrity and walk that way. So sometimes when you explain... "your music is not that bad but it doesn't really doing anything for anybody, you know... Its just like the regular same thing everybody does."  And they take it the wrong way.


So what's your advice for people who wants to make music?
If you want to make music you need to be original. Its not all about following the trend. You need to be true to who you are. Do your own music not copy other peoples music because you can never be as good as the other person. You can only be the best you cannot be a good another person.

What's your Relationship with social network?
We communicate, we talk, we chat . My handle on twitter is  @kkrisrazor and facebook, krisD'razor

Words to your fans?
Love U guys keep being real and recognize realness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments here